Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My sweet husband has a fascination with Hadrian’s Wall in the UK. Two years ago, we took our two youngest (15 and 19 at the time) with us on a journey across the pond. A large Part of that journey was traveling along Hadrian’s Wall. We had a lovely time and it’s among our favorite memories of the trip.

So recently, I stumbled upon a blog site of someone who lives in the UK…. And I check his blog every day for updates. His name is Dan. ** Hi Dan! ** Yesterday, he wrote about a walk that he is planning for July 2010 along Hadrian’s Wall. A n 84 mile hike. He tossed out an invite to the Internet Universe and I snagged it and sent it home to talk to Dave about. It will be a charity walk to benefit The Joseph Salmon Trust. http://www.thejosephsalmontrust.org.uk/index.htm

So, last night, with lightning speed keystrokes Dave (and I) sent him an email stating our interest in joining them next summer. Dan sent back a nice email saying that he would be sending out a separate email later with more details. I imagine him hitting the “send” button and THEN re-thought the whole invitation to the Internet thing.

Then, we received a second email from him. Very nice. Understandably, he appeared to be concerned that he didn’t know us. I mean because really, how random is that I would start reading his blog site, and a week later he mentions Hadrian’s Wall. But me? I love coincidences.

He even tried to scare us off by saying that his group, and I quote “..are a bunch of Satan worshiping weirdo’s”. Funny stuff there Dan.

Oh Dan, we don’t scare easily. We hope you let us join in on the adventure.

3 comments:

Arjan said...

you see what you did there over at Dan's..now you've got a commenter.
Don't you name the different posts on purpose (just keeping the date)?

I also read about the yard sale, it always sounds like a typical American thing, never saw it here in that form.

Dan said...

That arjan follows me everywhere damnit!

Arjan said...

darn, my cover as a stalker has been blown.