Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So anyways....

My father in law passed away last November. My husband hasn't been able to go thru his parents belonging (I totally understand)... However a week ago he made the decision to clean out the house and every night last week we went to "the cabin" and cleared things out in order to have an estate sale. Which we had this past weekend. I'm not certain about other cities, but the city where we live, the best day for an estate, tag, yard sale is Friday. Soooo... Friday morning, up bright and early, and I mean BRIGHT and EARLY 4:30 a.m. I brushed my teeth (your welcome), washed my face, threw on sweats and started setting things outside around 5:00 ish. The estate sale was advertised to start at 8:00 a.m. and run thru 2:00 p.m. At 6:00 a .m. we had our first customer. **6:00 a.m.** I've never seen anything like it. People would drive up, come to a screeching halt, jump out of their vehicle with a frantic look in their eyes and dash, jog, run around the tables - Wow! It was an interesting day. I'm not sure when I have ever been so damn tired - emotionally and physically. Oh, and... my husband? He had to work on Friday so he missed most of the mayhem. Probably a good thing.

No comments: