Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yea, so.... I've been kinda busy with my life. August and September were sort of a blur with working 10+ hours a day and then attempting to have some sort of home life when I rolled into the house around 6:00 p.m. every night. Don't get me wrong, I love having every Friday off, but some days are easier to get thru than others. So, since July 2o something or another, that I last posted... I've gained about 5 lbs - Thank you high blood pressure medicine; we lost an employee to liver failure and I successfully (without crying my eyes out) talked to his 80+ year old parents and walked them thru the death benefit paperwork AND had a bbq in his honor, flipping 100 or more hamburgers ... on what would have been his 60th birthday; had to embrace the fact that sometimes who you think are great friends, really are just manipulative, herion addicted pathetic human beings. Oops.. I mean, one of the people that I worked closely with "resigned" in lieu of termination and is moving out of State. God help you Florida; OH, Hey, did I mention that the tragic death of the employee and the oh so very dramatic exit of the person I worked closely with happened in the same week? Yea, that was pretty... and was two weeks of my life dealing with those situations, that I will never get back. (whoo boy, do I have some anger towards the drama queen or what?); on a positive note, I cooked many meals for my son and husband, threw impromtu dinners for our friends - who I love with all my heart, helped pull of the wedding of the century with Anna and Jen Jen for our dearest friend Ang - over Labor Day weekend. The entire weekend... no really, I mean it. Wow, that was an action packed weekend - ending with the friends in my backyard, in our jammies, watching sensless tv, drinking and eating and rehashing the weekend. Have I mentioned how blessed I am to have three best friends and all our guys get along too! Aaron left for law school in San Fran; Will started his Senior Year of High School, Whitney started her last year up at NAU; we attended many Diamondback baseball games;we were instrumental in pulling off a Rotary BBQ cookoff, that was hugely successful in raising money for Dave's Rotary Club; and in between all of that, I may have slept a little, but overall, we are living life in color! Yea us!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Sounds pretty busy to me.

Look forward to meeting ou later in the year:)