Tuesday, August 21, 2007


To Ecuador we go.


I can't believe that it has been 3 months since I have posted a blog. Since May, Dave and I have been to the Bahamas and are now planning a trip to Ecuador. Ahhhh Ecuador. I googled "Traveling Dangers in Ecuador" this morning and this is what I found:

In summary, Ecuador is one of the safest and friendliest countries you could ever wish to visit and often go to great lengths with affection to make you most welcome whilst visiting their beautiful country. (Huh?) If you do get robbed (wait... I thought it said it was one of the safest countries...) don't try to attack your robber because if he has a gun, knife or any other dangerous weapon(oh dear) the consequences will far outrun the loss of a few items, by taking necessary precautions and observing all around you most robberies can be cut to a minimum.(makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over).

Wow - we already have our airline tickets so there is no backing down now. I also found a useful list of things I cannot bring on the airplane.... or check on in my luggage. I can't make this list up.

Blasting Caps
Dynamite
Fireworks
Flares (in any form)
Hand Grenades
Plastic Explosives
Realistic Replicas of Explosives


But wait there is more:

Axes and Hatchets
Cattle Prods
Crowbars
Hammers


.......

No comments: